The Alpine Machine Roll Top Packs
Light and Tough. Just what you expect in a pack designed for alpine climbing or multiple seasons of ice climbing. Like all the packs built at Alpine Luddites, I expect this to hold up to 100's of days in use.
I often say no 2 packs are ever alike. the custom order form is just a starting place to design your pack around. often bag proportions are adjusted to fit your actual body shape. A customer with a short torso shouldn't be wearing the same bag shape as someone with 21'' torso.
Costs: cost for the finished pack will vary, with $750 being the base price with all the custom fitting and options on the order form. once we have a phone call or shop visit sorting out the details and any extra options or fabrics that add to the base price i can invoice you for the remaining cost when I am a couple weeks out from making your pack. the pack Deposits are non refundable.
download the custom pack order form.You can see some of the most popular custom options here.
The Alpine Machine is available in 40 liters. Anything bigger and i think traditional roll top packs are not worth the extra hassle. they are harder to pack due to the extra height, less versatile, and kinda unattractive. but, not to worry any of the bigger alpine machine top loading packs can be ordered with the roll top bivy extension for a lidless weather tight seal. the big differences being the roll top fabric is lighter and can be pulled down around the pack body for easier packing and finding your gear.
all packs are custom fitted. please refer to the linked custom pack order form.
- Volume 40, Liters . The roll top allows you to vary this by about 5 Liters.
Weight-24-38 ounces depending on volume and features, but as each pack is tailored for each customer the weight can go up or down
- Packs are available both stock and made to measure back length, waist belt, and shoulder straps.
- Removable closed cell foam back pad
- removable padded hip belt.
- Ice tools sleeve reinforced with the 2nd layer of fabric.
- full strength front and rear haul loops. front loop is reinforced with a layer of 2" nylon webbing sewn onto the inside of the pack. Haul points are sewn on top of this to spread the stress out onto the entire front of the pack, not just into the stitching.
- shoulder straps have a fully adjustable sternum strap and lift straps. both removable.
Ultra woven 200,400, 800 UHMWPE Fabric. Other fabric options available on the Custom Pack Order Form.