The Alpine Machine Roll Top Packs
Light and Tough. Just what you expect in a pack designed for alpine climbing or multiple seasons of ice climbing. Like all the packs built at Alpine Luddites, I expect this to hold up to 100's of days in use.
download the custom pack order form. You can see some of the most popular custom options here.
The Alpine Machine is available in 40 & 50 liters. Features are identical throughout the range.
standard or custom sized back length
- xs 15" back length
- s 17" back length
- m 19" back length
- l 21" back length
- xl 23" back length
This pack is available custom sized back length and hip belt. there is no reason to make do with a poor fitting pack. I can accommodate people with 13" torso to tall men who need 23". There is no extra charge for custom fitting. It just takes a while....about 4-6 weeks.
Construction: this pack is built with only two main seams that attach the two body panels together. There is no need to worry about blown stitching either. all seams have multiple passes at 8 -10 stitches per inch. compare that to most mass produced gear. All seams are taped for durability. All webbing attachment points have 6-8 lines of stitching. All webbing stress points are fully reinforced with a second layer of webbing on the inside of the pack.
- Volume options: 40, 50 Liters . The roll top allows you to vary this by about 5 Liters.
Weight-24-38 ounces depending on volume and features, but as each pack is tailored for each customer the weight can go up or down
- Packs are available both stock and made to measure back length, waist belt, and shoulder straps.
- Removable closed cell foam back pad
- removable padded hip belt.
- Ice tools sleeve reinforced with the 2nd layer of fabric.
- full strength front and rear haul loops. front loop is reinforced with a layer of 2" nylon webbing sewn onto the inside of the pack. Haul points are sewn on top of this to spread the stress out onto the entire front of the pack, not just into the stitching.
- shoulder straps have a fully adjustable sternum strap and lift straps. both removable.
UHMWPE Fabric : Dimension Polyant DX40 five-layer laminated fabric for best strength to weight and that NASA look in white. all reinforcements are also done in this fabric. Other fabric options available on the Custom Pack Order Form.