July 29-August 1st.
please contact me directly if you are interested in a private class. max class size is 3 students. 1 on 1 or upto 3 participantes. Corporate/ student groups are more than welcome. Project scope can be tailored to your requirements. the class description below still stands but wide project scope.
Where: Alpine Luddites studio, Westmore Vermont
Project:top loading classic pack or White light/White Heat upto 30 L.
Space: limited to three students
- No prior sewing experience needed!
- The class will introduce you to industrial sewing machines, techniques, how to make and adjust patterns
- I'll walk you through making a pattern to fit you, how to sew, install zippers, fabric selection and the details that go into making long lasting gear.
- you get to make your own pack! options:
White Light/White Heat climbing pack
New Day Rising with a flat Don lid, or no lid.
any top loading classic pack. The Fish pack, Pinnacle, french technique.
- If you go with a NDR or WL/WH pack you'll be able to set this up as a climbing, ski or backpacking specific pack.
- all in stock fabrics and components are made available to you as part of the course material fee. This includes woven Dyneema, DX40. If you want certain Trim colors that I don't normally stock I'll make it happen
- throughout the class i'll answer any questions about any bags or packs I build
- If it get too tricky I'll lend a hand and make sure you leave with a great pack.
I'll follow up class registration with an informational email.
No refunds unless there is someone waiting to take your place.