Alpine Luddites frame bag
Unlike seat bags, I don't build stock sized frame bags. there are too many variations, tube diameters, and materials to make stock bags work well for most customers. all it takes is a quick look at any good independent bike brand to see the reality of stock sizes. so, while you have to get in line to get a frame bag, rest assured you will be getting exactly what you want.
The single zipper bag is designed for any sized frame. The frame bags are typically made from Dimension-Polyant laminated X Pac fabrics. These fabrics are waterproof to 200 psi and made in the USA.
- X-Pac VX51, 500x1000 Denier Cordura nylon laminate, is used in high abrasion areas, around the perimeter where the bag hits the frame.
- VX21, VX42 nylon packcloth laminate, is used on the side panels.
- #10 YKK water resistant zips used on all load-bearing openings.
- custom options include: Zippered outside pocket, vertical dividers, hydration ports, and bladder hang loops
The zippered outside pocket is the entire side of the bag. great for maps, phone, guide books, wallet etc. they look exactly like the opening side, with the same zipper.
Each bag is custom made. I will need the following:
- frame brand, model, size & year
- inside length of the top tube, seat tube, down tube and if you have a bigger frame the head tube.
- for Carbon, Ti or Alloy frames I need accurate tube measurements as shown in the photos. if the changing shape at any place on the tube I need the measurement and its location marked on the triangle tracing. Steel frames have less variability in tube size. I have a fleet of steel bike to work off of.
- For full suspension bikes, I need tracing of your front triangle. I will also need any strap locations /bottles cages w/ bottles so we have no fit issues.