Alpine Luddites Double Compartment Frame Bag
Unlike seat bags, I don't build stock frame bags. there are too many variations, tube diameters, and materials to make stock bags work well for most customers. all it takes is a quick look at any good independent bike brand to see the reality of stock sizes. so, while you have to get in line to get a frame bag, rest assured you will be getting exactly what you want.
The double frame bag is for mid-sized, 54cm road/cross or 17" and up rigid mtb frames or really big FS cross country bikes. I'm happy to build bags for tandems, cargo bikes, big dummy's etc.
These 2 zippered bags work great for touring road or dirt but on really long tours/races I don't recommend the double zipper model UNLESS you order the full mud flaps. the lower zippers are notorious for getting full of mud and wearing out quickly.
these are all made to fit your bike and you have some choice in the size of the compartments, just keep in mind the internal divider is what keeps the bigger frame bags from expanding outwards and hitting your legs while pedaling. The ends of the divider are not sewn in so you can fit tent poles, pumps, fly rods or umbrellas along the down tube, inside the bag.
The pack is made from Dimension-Polyant laminated X Pac fabrics.
- VX51, 500x1000 Denier Cordura nylon laminate, is used in high abrasion areas, around the perimeter where the bag hits the frame. this fabric is more durable, waterproof and expensive than the Ballistics fabric commonly used.
- VX21, VX42 nylon packcloth laminate, is used on the side panels.
- #10 YKK water resistant zips used on all load bearing openings. most durable zippers you can buy.
Each bag is custom made. I will need the following:
- frame brand, model, size & year
- I will need the inside tube lengths for the top tube, seat tube and if you have a bigger frame, the head tube.
- All full suspension frames will need to send me a tracing of your front triangle. I will also need any strap locations /bottles cages w/ bottles so we have no fit issues. Mark/draw a line where you want the divider to go. If you're unsure I can make suggestions once I have your triangle tracing. Please see the picture of the tracing example in the photos.
All packs are built to order in my shop in Ouray Colorado!