Alpine Luddites frame bag
Unlike seat bags, I don't build stock sized frame bags. there are too many variations, tube diameters and materials to make stock bags work well for most customers. all it takes is a quick look at any good independent bike brand to see the reality of stock sizes. so, while you have to get in line to get a frame bag, rest assured you will be getting exactly what you want.
The single zipper bag is designed with smaller frames in mind. As frame bags get bigger the internal divider keeps the bag from getting too fat and rubbing on you while pedaling. this design is also good if you only want a half bag on a bigger frame or a full suspension bike. I prefer not to sew outside pockets on this size bag. often the finished pocket is too small to carry maps.
Pack is made from Dimension-Polyant laminated X Pac fabrics.
- VX51, 500x1000 Denier Cordura nylon laminate, is used in high abrasion areas, around the perimeter where the bag hits the frame.
- VX21, VX42 nylon packcloth laminate, is used on the side panels.
- #10 YKK water resistant zips used on all load bearing openings.
Each bag is custom made. I will need the following:
- frame brand, model, size & year
- inside length of the top tube, seat tube, and if you have a bigger frame the head tube.
- for Carbon, Ti or Alloy frames I need accurate tube measurements as shown in the photos. if the changing shape at any place on the tube I need the measurement and its location marked on the triangle tracing. Steel frames have less variability in tube size. I have a fleet of steel bike to work off of.
- For full suspension bikes, I need tracing of your front triangle. I will also need any strap locations /bottles cages w/ bottles so we have no fit issues. Mark/draw a line where you want the divider to go. If you're unsure I can make suggestions once I have your triangle tracing. Please see the picture of the tracing example in the photos.